Wednesday 22 June 2011

HANDELL V. Waste basket and dialogue.

CHARACTER'S WASTE BASKET
Marguerite McCullers walked in her bed room, a plastic bag in her left hand, and moved straight to her waste basket by the closet. She stood still for a moment. Finally, she opened the bag, took the metal vessel and poured its content into the black plastic bag. She spat on it before wrapping it up and walked out of the chamber. the load of garbage consisted on a bunch of cigarette buts; some torn letters (and pictures and postcards); a small blue Teddy Bear; an empty medication bottle (for sleeping); some rubbers and one withered rose.

DIALOGUE

It was very early in the morning when Marguerite McCullers left her house in order to execute her plan: to burn the content of a black plastic bag, garbage. She took a lighter and a small tin of gasoline. She wore trainers, a pijama gown and glasses. Her hair looked a bit grungy and smooth.

The bell rang and Winnie opened her eyes, automatically reached for her purse and drew comb and tooth brush out of it. She called someone out when a woman in a pijama gown approached her, a plastic bag in her hand. The half burried woman remarked on it first, then she looked at the woman's face.

Marguerite: (staring at the awkward scene.) Holly crap! What happened to you?

Winnie: Oh, good morning. I was just going to say my morning prays. My name’s Winnie.

M: (dropping her bag.) I’m Marguerite. Let me help you out. (She approached two more steps.)

W: It’s my pleasure. I know it might be too soon for asking you a favor, but could you bring me that parasol over there.

M: What? (She looked at the spot signaled by the woman) O.K. (She said and got her the old fashioned umbrella.)

W: Thank you very much, dear. I would have asked Willie to do it for me, but he just doesn’t talk to me any more.

M: Who’s that?

W: My husband.

M: Hey, listen. I think I’ll need a shovel or something to dig you out. And, there’s no one else around here, I’m afraid.

W: You seem to be a nice girl. What’s in there? (She said pointing at the plastic bag.)

M: It’s just some garbage I need to burn.

W: It seems you want to forget about something.

M: Actually, I’m trying to forget some one

W: Oh, there he is! Willie come out that cave and give a hand to this kind woman. (Loud noises came from the cave.)

M: (Visibly scared) what’s this? Is it a sort of ambush? I think I’ll better go home. Sure he can help you out. (She runs away and leaves her bag.)

W: Oh, please, don’t go. It’s O.k. I think it’s gonna be a happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment