Thursday 9 June 2011

THE DIALOGUE

What's happening? I do not know where I am. Everything here is dark. I can’t see my own shadow, I am afraid. I hope not to be alone; Willie should be somewhere. What’s that noise? Willie is that you? Answer me, Willie, Willie. I think I can hear you. Willie please answers me. This place is very strange, everything is very dark. I can barely see my steps. God, I just remember something. My bag, where is my bag? That can not be possible I lost my bag this is terrible. Willie help me to find my bag I just lost it, come and help me Willie, you're looking at the place where you are? Thanks Willie, I know my bag should be around here, it can’ be gone, all my life is inside that bag.

-Hey what are you looking for?
-Who are you?
-My name is Clarisse. Who are you?
- I am Winnie? Where are we? What is this place?
- I just woke up and I am as stunned as you.
-Winnie come and helps me to find my bag. I have some stuff that might be useful.
-But I can’t see you.
-It´s ok just follow my voice.
Clarisse stretched her hands trying to find the girl.
-There you are.
-Oh thanks to God. I’m and Willie is my husband, you can’t n see but he is there. Willie the lady is greeting you, say hello Willie, Willie are you listening? Well no matter, Willie is a little bit shy.
-What are we doing here Clarisse? The truth I don’t know how I arrive here, but tell me what has the bag you are looking for so desperately,
-Everything
- What the hell are you saying? I’ve lost more important things in my life than just a bag, I've suffered a lot since my childhood and yet I am a happy woman,
-Clarisse, I am also happy I have my hat, my clothes, my umbrella and I have Willie.
- Winnie you don’t need any of those things to be really happy,
-I’m sorry Clarisse, it might be stupid what I’m going to say, but perhaps you don’t have a special place where you keep your memories.
- Yes I have. I have something like that but this isn’t an old bag full of memories, this place is my heart, besides you shouldn’t take refuge in those objects. You are not alone, you are with Willie.
- No Clarisse that isn’t true at all. Willie is not real, he has never existed. He is just a creation I made to support my life full of loneliness and sadness.
-Wait… now I remember everything… before being here I remember the cold barrel of the browning pistol in my head… after that everything went dark.

Javier Ramos

No comments:

Post a Comment