Saturday 18 June 2011

Dialogue between Winnie and Angela

The marriage, an actual right decision, isn’t it?

Once, Angela decided to go for a walk since she wanted to think about herself and her future lifestyle as Norman´s wife. She aimlessly walked, immersed herself in her thoughts. She arrived to a deserted place, unknown for her, and she started to observe all over the place. Suddenly, she saw a woman buried head – deep. Angela felt curiosity about her and approached where she was.

Angela noticed that woman looked smiling, despite her condition. So Angela asked her:

- What are you doing there, Madam? (While she asks Winnie, a gentle breeze blows her black long hair)

- Winnie: Hi, lady! I´m just waiting for my husband, Willie

- Angela: Oh! Really? Are you married? ( As Angela makes this question, her blue eyes opens in wonderment before Winnie´s presence )

- Winnie: Yes, Lady, I am (She smiles)

- Angela: Sorry Madam, I would like to ask you about your lifestyle as a wife. You´ll see, I´m getting married soon, but as my father died, I didn’t have the opportunity to contemplate my parents´ marriage while I grew up… so, I don’t know so much at all of this lifestyle…and... I wonder if you….

- Winnie: You´ll see, being a married woman will bring you a lot of satisfactions and rewards…

- Angela: oh! I´m so happy to hear that. I sometimes have doubts about the marriage but now than you, a married woman, are telling me that, I realize I made the right decision.

(Angela starts listening to all what Winnie tells her)

- Winnie: your husband will be a pleasant company which will save you from the loneliness… he´ll be someone who will hear you all the time, even though he is busy with any male activity, like reading the newspaper… for instance, my dear Willie always does it, while he is reading his newspaper, he carefully hears whatever I want or need to talk about … What can I say to you? I´m always disturbing him!

- Angela: I see. My dear Norman always hears me. It´s his more remarkable quality. I expect he remain like your husband, madam!

- Winnie: For sure, he´ll remain like this. As well, I would suggest you to fill your married woman lifetime with pleasant rituals which distract your mind and complement your home environment, just in case your husband is busy or sleeping, like my Willie.

- Angela: sorry, madam, but rituals like what??

- Winnie: well, for instance, like combing your hair, brushing your teeth. Keep in mind that you should always look beautiful for your husband as well. Thus, those rituals will help you to distract your mind and, at the same time, to look nice for him.

- Angela: Let me ask you something madam, what do you think it´s the most important issue in terms of marriage?

- Winnie: For me, the most important issue in terms of marriage is the happiness that provides being a married woman after long time. Now in my fifties, and in spite of the sadness I have felt at any lifetime, I realize that Willie complements all over my humanity, only by pronouncing one single word!

- Angela: Wow, I guess that´s truly love, I mean, between you and your husband. (the breeze goes on blowing Angela´s hair)

- Winnie: through your marriage, you will learn the art of loving in many ways. You´ll see it, since the most insignificant details until ones really outstanding in your own life, just as I have done it … you will see it, dear, those years as a married woman will be the happiest in your life.

- Angela: Thanks Madam, now everything is clear for me! Now I realize the marriage is the clue of the happiness! You´re right madam … madam?? Can you remind me your name? Please! I guess I didn’t even ask your name.

(Angela bows his head in shame)

- Winnie: My name is Winnie, but if you want, you can call me “Win” like my dear Willie sometimes calls me.

- Angela: ok, Madam. By the way, your husband! he hasn’t arrived yet. Where is he right now?

- Winnie: ohh!! Well, don’t worry dear, he is coming right now. I´m sure about it.

- Angela: ok, madam…eeeeh… I´m leaving right now. My mother and my boyfriend should be waiting for me. Nice to meet you!!

- Winnie: Bye Angela. Nice to talk with you.

(Angela goes away from the place where Winnie is buried, and suddenly, Winnie exclaims)

- Winnie: dear Angela, one more thing! Things get old, and… they cannot be cured! Keep that in mind, please!

(Angela turns back to look at Winnie, but without approaching anymore)

- Angela: what do you mean? Madam.

- Winnie: don’t worry dear, you´ll get it sooner than you think.

- Angela: ok, thanks, I should actually leave. Have a nice day.

- Winnie: sure I will have it. In fact, it will be another heavenly day for me!!

As Angela goes away, she questions herself about Winnie: “Why is she buried over there? And why has her husband taken so long? … mmmmmm… let me think of it… I get it, surely, she is doing herself any esthetic treatment, and that´s why she is buried in the ground, and… her husband will come back to take her out when the treatment finishes. I see husbands always support wives when they need it, as that couple, Winnie and Willie, does it each other”

Angela arrives home. Now, she is convinced marriage is a kind of synonym of happiness due to her conversation with Winnie. As she is actually innocent, she doesn’t know about sarcasms or ironies like to think that Winnie had been sarcastic or ironic in her comments. Finally, Angela says to herself: “I expect to be as happy as Winnie has been with her husband. They actually love each other”

No comments:

Post a Comment