Thursday 16 June 2011

Dialogue By Ingrid Urán

Mr. Fernandez and Winnie

As a professor, Mr. Fernandez loves to read. His computer is always in links where he can find news books or maybe books write by authors whom use special techniques. One day, Mr. Fernandez is looking for a literature’s book; he wants to read a monologue, because he thinks the monologue is interesting technique talk with you for minutes or hours. Well, he finds “Happy Days” by Samuel Beckett, and reading the synopsis he decides to buy it.

Mr. Fernandez starts the book, he knows Winnie and her husband, and he smiles thinking Winnie is weird. Walking although his house, he hears a voice:

“Hey, hey, Professor” Someone calls him.

“Look at me, here behind you.” Mr. Fernandez turns his head, opens a huge eyes. He is surprised, Winnie is here.

“Professor, are you ok? I’m not a ghost or phantom, you just are reading about me. I’m Winnie, the woman happiest of the world.”

“No,no Winnie. I do not believe that. Winnie, you are hiding your feelings, maybe you are got a warped sense of humor. Yeah, that is the reason because you always are looking for your memories, looking for your happy days. Let me know do you have fears of loose your husband? Are not you independent woman?”

“Fears of, fears of, what do you say? He is my husband, he has sworn be with me all his life. He is like a dog; his duty is be next to me. Protecting our past, our happy days and overall the secret. Independent? One day I was independent, now I am become a recluse in this hill of lies.”

“Ok, Winnie, talking of the past; we do not forget the mistakes and we could construct a best time, however your past , your memories only tell your experiences , so you are self reliant person who just loves being the center of regards like peacock .”

“Stop, professor,. why do you hurt my feelings? I don’t want to be in the present, the present is like gun, I wish to be in the past, the past is like gold cage. A gold cage where I am sure and I feel free. Yes, yes, here when I am the queen and I can have the power of decide. “

“Ouch, I feel strange. The cage does not let you to know your future. Not, not, I mean your present, because the future does not exist Winnie. You are just an egocentric, hiding your reality in your bag and using your umbrella like staff. You need ….”

“Honey, honey, wake up”. A sweet voice is calling Mr. Fernandez. He had remaneid slept reading the book, he had been dreaming with a special, striking and schemer woman called Winnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment